GOOD SIXTY CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Version 3.2, March 2021
These terms and conditions (Terms), together with the Privacy & Cookies Policy, set out the basis on which we, Good Sixty Limited (we/us/our or Good Sixty), provide you with access to www.goodsixty.co.uk (Website) as well as the basis on which the retailers featured on our Website (Retailers) will sell their goods to you.
Please read these terms carefully before using this Website and before ordering goods from Retailers through this Website. By using and placing any order through our Website, you will be confirming your agreement to be legally bound by these Terms. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
These Terms should be read in conjunction with our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
If you have any questions or comments on these Terms, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0117 456 6803. We also have a handy FAQs page which may already provide the answers to some of your questions.
1. Information about Good Sixty
This Website is operated by Good Sixty Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10061371. Our registered office is located at 7 Clare Avenue, Bishopston, Bristol BS7 8JF. Our VAT number is 240941227.
We may enter into arrangements with organisations on behalf of groups of Retailers such as food markets (Good Sixty Partners). Under the terms of our agreements with Good Sixty Partners, they may have the right to step-in and manage the provision of our services in certain circumstances. Where these rights are exercised by Good Sixty Partners, these Terms will still apply; however they may also be enforced by Good Sixty Partners on our behalf.
2. Ordering goods through our Website
- Acceptance of orders: When you place an order through our Website, we will transmit it to the Retailer and you will receive an email from us confirming that your order has been submitted. This does not mean that your order has been accepted. Once the Retailer has accepted your order, we will confirm acceptance of your order and the guide price for the goods you have ordered by email on the Retailer’s behalf (Order Confirmation). Once the Order Confirmation has been sent, a contract for the supply of the goods will be made between you and the Retailer. We will assign an order and basket numbers to your order and it will help us and the Retailer if you can provide the order number whenever you contact us or the Retailer about your order.
- Rejection of orders: If the Retailer does not accept your order, they will be asked to explain why and you will receive an email from us with their explanation. You will not be charged for goods included in any rejected order and you will receive a full refund in respect of those goods, unless you have agreed with the Retailer to adjust your order for it to be accepted by them in which case it will be an agreement between you and the Retailer. If price of an order has been adjusted, you will may be charged more or partially refunded, depending on the circumstances and pricing of the adjusted order.
- Geographic restrictions on delivery: As our Retailers are local, independent businesses, you only able to order goods for delivery from certain postcode areas. Whether any Retailers are available in your area will be confirmed to you when you input your postcode on the Website. You will not be able to order goods for delivery from a Retailer that is based outside the postcode areas served by that Retailer unless their goods are available through Artisans by Post. However, you can order goods for collection from any location.
- Other restrictions on sale: This Website and the goods advertised on it are for non-commercial and domestic use only. We reserve the right to refuse orders on behalf of Retailers that are clearly from businesses or that we consider are for commercial or other non-domestic purposes. To ensure availability on our Website and in-store, Retailers may limit the quantity of items that you can order.
3. Subscription Orders
- You must ensure that you provide us with details of a valid credit or debit card. You may make changes to your payment details by updating them via your account on our website.
- We will take payment for the first of you orders immediately when you place the order. We will take the payment for the subscription orders four days before the due date of each following order.
- We use a reoccurring transaction mandate so that you do not have to give us payment details for each delivery. By placing a subscription order you agree to a flat rate reoccurring payment, the payment amount depends on the cost of your box at the time of processing.
- You will receive an email notification each time we cannot process a payment from your card. You will need to update your payment details on your account promptly to allow us process the next order for you.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your order if we are refused authority from your card issuer for payment or if a payment has been rejected by your bank.
- When products are temporarily out of stock and unavailable for your selected delivery date, we will either substitute the item and tell you on your order note, or contact you to arrange one of the following: a refund, a suitable replacement, or to have the goods delivered to you at a later date.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time four days before your order is due. After that day, your next subscription order has been processed and scheduled for delivery in our systems.
4. Goods advertised on our Website
- Characteristics of the goods: Images and packaging of the goods may vary from that shown in the images on our Website. As many of the goods advertised on our Website include fresh produce, meat and fish, it is not possible to provide any guarantees as to colour, shape, size, ripeness or cut, though you are welcome to get in touch with the Retailer to see if they can satisfy any specific requests.
- Information about the goods: Although Retailers take all reasonable care to ensure that all information about their goods as advertised on our Website is accurate; occasionally such information may be incorrect, incomplete or out of date. In such circumstances, the Retailers reserve the right not to accept any order for the affected goods or, if your order has already been accepted, not to supply the affected goods to you. In any case, you will be notified and you will not be charged for those goods.
- Allergies: Our Retailers are required by law to provide allergen information about the goods that they sell on our Website. Where applicable, this information should be made available by the Retailers on the relevant product pages. However, if you have an allergy, we recommend that you contact the Retailer directly before you place your order as only they will be able to confirm the ingredients of the goods and the environment in which they were produced or packaged.
- VAT: The price of the goods includes all applicable taxes, including VAT at the current rate, but does not include the delivery charge (if applicable). If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT that you pay unless you have already pay for the goods in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- Minimum order value: Certain Retailers may specify a minimum order value (excluding delivery charges) for every order placed.
- Payment methods: We accept payment using all major credit cards (but excluding American Express) and debit card. All credit and debit card transactions conducted through this Website are carried out over a secure link to protect your details from being intercepted by criminals.
- How payments are processed: All payments made through our Website are processed under the terms of an agreement between us and our chosen payment merchant, Stripe Payments Europe Ltd and Valitor hf (Stripe). If you would like Stripe to remember your credit or debit card details so that you do not have to input them again, you will be asked to register for and accept the Stripe Checkout User Services Agreement. Please note that there may be delays with the processing of card payments and transactions.
- Making payments: When you make any payment through our Website by clicking “Place my order”, you will be pre-authorising Stripe to debit your credit or debit card account by the final amount of your order plus any delivery charge; notifying us that payment has been made; and crediting your credit or debit card account with any refunds made in respect of goods that have been rejected or missing or cancelled orders.
6. Collection and delivery
- Collection of the goods by you: If you have asked to collect the goods directly from a Retailer or from a specified collection hub, you must collect them on the agreed date and during the agreed time slot during the Retailer’s or collection hub’s opening hours as advertised on the Retailer’s profile page or set out in your Order Confirmation. If you are unable to collect the goods within this period, you should contact the Retailer or collection hub to agree another time slot. Please note that the price of the goods may change between the date agreed for collection and the actual collection date.
- Delivery charges: The costs of delivery will be displayed to you on our Website and set out in your Order Confirmation.
- When the goods will be delivered: During the ordering process, you will be asked to confirm the date and time slot or delivery period for delivery of your order. You should ensure that the address you have provided is correct.
- If you are not at home when the goods are delivered by a local delivery courier: If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the goods cannot be posted through your letterbox, the Retailer or the Good Sixty courier will leave them in any safe place advised by you at the time of your order (which you should ensure is appropriate for the storage of any perishable goods). If no safe place has been specified, the Retailer or the Good Sixty courier will attempt to leave the goods with a neighbour. If no neighbour is available to take delivery of the goods, the Retailer or the Good Sixty courier will leave you with a note offering you the choice of collecting the goods or requesting redelivery, however you will have to pay any delivery charge again and neither we nor any Retailer shall be responsible for any deterioration in the quality of any perishable goods as a result of our inability to deliver them for the reasons set out in this paragraph.
- If you are not at home when the goods are delivered by a national delivery courier: Delivery will be completed when we, or our authorised courier company, deliver the Products to the address you gave us. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we, or our authorised courier company, will follow the delivery instructions provided to us by you. If no leave safe instructions are specified, the order will be left in an area that the authorised courier company considers safe. The leave safe location specified by you shall be within the area of the delivery address and shall be accessible to the courier. We will endeavour to follow any delivery instructions you provide but this cannot be guaranteed. The courier company may try to contact you on the telephone so that delivery can take place. The delivery driver will use the telephone number associated with your account, which may also be printed on the delivery label. Good Sixty’s obligation to deliver the box shall be fulfilled once the courier delivers the box at the safe spot specified by you or the box is considered safe by the courier.
- Events outside a Retailer’s control: If a Retailer or the Good Sixty courier is delayed from supplying goods due to an event outside of its control, it will notify you as soon as possible to let you know and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay where possible. Provided they do this, they will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a full refund for any goods you have paid for but not received
- When you own the goods: You will not own the goods until we have received payment in full.
- Goods dispatched to the wrong address: If a Retailer or the Good Sixty courier is unable to supply goods due to the wrong address being provided by you, the goods will be returned to the Retailer or collection hub and you will be able to book a new delivery time or collect them within the specified opening hours within 48 hours from the original delivery date. If you do not collect or rearrange delivery of the goods, we will refund you for the price of your order less the cost of any goods which would expire or deteriorate rapidly such as fresh produce, milk, meat or fish (i.e. perishable goods) and less any delivery charge.
7. Orders including age-restricted items
- Proof of age: All orders that include age-restricted items such as alcohol can only be sold and delivered to persons aged 18 or over. By placing an order that includes such items, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Good Sixty and the Retailers have agreed to adopt a “Challenge 25” policy, so if the person receiving the goods looks under 25, proof of age will be requested in order to prove that they are over 18 years old. The Retailers also reserve the right to refuse to delivery any age-restricted items to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Delivery to nominated safe place or neighbour is not available for age-restricted items.
- If proof of age is not available: If proof is not available and, in the case of delivery, there is no-one of that age at the address when delivery is being made, the goods may be retained by the Retailer/ the Good Sixty courier. Unless you wish the Retailer/ the Good Sixty courier to attempt redelivery of the affected goods at another time when someone over 18 years old is present (in which case you will have to pay any delivery charge again), the Retailer reserves the right to cancel your order for the relevant goods and refund the price of the goods (but not the delivery charge) to you.
Acceptable forms of ID:
The Retailers will accept:
- Current passports or an equivalent form of identification such as a national identity card with a photo and date of birth (all nationalities)
- Photographic driving licences (all nationalities)
- Military IDs with a photo and date of birth
- Cards with a PASS hologram such as Citizen, Connexions, Validate or Young Scot
8. Changing your mind
- When you may change your mind: Except for goods which would expire or deteriorate rapidly such as fresh produce, milk, meat or fish (i.e. perishable goods), you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the goods being delivered to you and receive a refund without having to give any reason. To exercise this right, you just need to let us know by email or phone or by completing and returning this form to us within the 14 day period and we will communicate this to the Retailer.
- Returning the goods: Where you have exercised the legal right to change your mind as explained above, you must return the goods to the Retailer at their trading address as shown on their profile page. You must return the goods within 14 days of telling us that you have changed your mind. Goods should be returned to the Retailer in their original packaging and in the case of items which include a hygiene or security seal, you should not remove these unless you are certain that you intend to keep the goods. In the event when any packaging or seals are tampered with, or you have handled the goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, the Retailer will not accept the return of such items and you will not be entitled to any refund in respect of those items.
- How any refund will be made: We will refund the price you paid for the goods including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price as explained above. We will make any refund within 14 days from the day on which we receive the goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have returned the goods to us.
9. If you are unhappy with the goods
- How to make a complaint: We want to ensure that all Good Sixty customers are happy with the goods that they have received, and the quality of service offered by the Retailers. If you have any complaints, these should be made in the first instance to the relevant Retailer. If you are not satisfied with the outcome or do not feel that they have handled the complaint appropriately, then you should get in touch with us using the contact details at the beginning of these Terms.
- If the goods are damaged or there is a quality issue: If any goods are damaged or there are any issues with the quality of the goods supplied to you, you may exercise your legal right to reject the goods. If you wish to exercise this right, you must either return them to the Retailer in person or allow the Retailer/ the Good Sixty courier to collect them from you. The Retailer/ Good Sixty will pay the costs of collection. You should contact the Retailer/Good Sixty directly to arrange for collection.
- Online dispute resolution: Complaints can also be made through the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform which is aimed at helping consumers and trader to resolve disputes out-of-court. Good Sixty does not participate in any alternative dispute resolution scheme.
10. Our liability to you
- No unlawful exclusions or limitations: Neither we nor any Retailer excludes or limits in any way our liability where it would be unlawful for to do so, including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any Retailer.
- Limitation of our liability and the Retailers’ liability: If we or any Retailer fails to comply with these Terms then we or the Retailer (as appropriate) will be responsible for any loss or damage you suffer that is foreseeable as a result of such breach or failure to use reasonable care and skill, but neither we nor any Retailer shall be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, we, the Retailer and you knew it might happen.
11. Terms relating to your use of this Website
- Contact details: It is important that you ensure the contact details provided by you during registration are accurate, otherwise you may not receive communications from us or your goods may not be delivered.
- Security details: If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or other piece of information as part of our account security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to anyone else. We have the right to disable any account if, in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with this requirement. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Availability: We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Intellectual property: We are the owner of the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Linking: You are allowed to share links to pages on our website from other websites owned or operated by you or via social media provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage of it and provided you do not imply any connection between you and us. We reserve the right to withdraw this permission without notice.
12. Promotional Code Terms & Conditions
- The Promotional code terms and conditions apply to promotional codes for use on Goodsixty.co.uk.
- These Promotional Code Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with any conditions of use of the relevant promotion as set out in the Good Sixty marketing communications or material. In the event of a conflict between the Promotional Code Terms and Conditions and the Individual Promotion Terms, the Individual Promotion Terms will prevail.
- Minimum spend, new customer status, and other restrictions may apply as specified in Individual Promotion Terms.
- Any promotional code is only valid during the time range specified in the Individual Promotion Terms. Where a date is not given, there is no guarantee on the date of expiration for the promotional code and Good Sixty reserves the right to expire such promotional codes at its sole discretion.
Unless otherwise specified in the Individual Promotion Terms:
- promotional codes cannot be used on existing and/or previously placed orders;
- only one promotional code can be redeemed per order per customer; and
- promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Promotional codes cannot be used to purchase Good Sixty gift cards.
- Promotional codes cannot be used alongside Good Sixty gift cards.
- Promotional codes have no cash alternative and they are not transferable or assignable.
- Good Sixty reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or remove promotional codes should viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Good Sixty corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper use of the promotional code. Promotional codes are subject to availability. Promotional codes may be withdrawn or amended by Good Sixty without notice once any cap (as set out in the Individual Promotion Terms) has been reached.
- Good Sixty reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel any promotional code (i) which has resulted from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any errors in any Individual Promotional Terms whether manifest or not) or (ii) where there have been errors in any aspect of the preparation of or distribution of materials for the promotional codes whether by Good Sixty or its affiliates.
- If a user places an order using a promotional code and then returns or cancels that order, the promotional code cannot be refunded or re-used.
- If a user is creating multiple Good Sixty accounts, then Good Sixty reserves the right to remove any promotions for which that user no longer qualifies.
- Good Sixty reserves the right to disqualify an order if the terms are not met and the promotion code is deemed invalid.
13. Other important terms
- Transfer of our rights and obligations: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and ensure that such transfer does not affect your rights under these Terms. If you are unhappy with the transfer, you should not place any future order through this Website.
- Contact details: It is important that you ensure the contact details provided by you during registration are accurate, otherwise you may not receive communications from us or your goods may not be delivered.
- Changes to these Terms: We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Where we do so, we will include a note of the changes that have been made at the bottom of this page and you should check this page occasionally to take notice of such changes, as they will be legally binding on you in respect of any future orders that you make on this Website.
- Separate terms: Each paragraph in these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Rights of other persons: Except for you, us, the Retailers and any Good Sixty Partners, no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
- Law and jurisdiction: These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of any dispute in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.