Privacy & Cookies Policy
Version 1.0, August 2016
- Information about us
- How we may use information provided by you
- How we may use information collected about you
- Disclosing your information
- Where we store your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- Updating your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this Policy
- Contacting us
This privacy and cookies policy (Policy) sets out the basis on which any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Some of this information will be personal data, which is specifically protected under the Data Protection Act 1998.
By accessing and browsing our website, you confirm that you accept and give your consent to the processing of your personal data as described in this Policy.
You are advised to read this Policy carefully before using our website.
Information about us
This website is owned and operated by Good Sixty Limited (we, us, our). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10061371. Our registered office is located at 7 Clare Avenue, Bishopston, Bristol BS7 8JF, United Kingdom. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under registration number CSN0526618.
How we may use information provided by you
We will use the information provided by you to:
- carry out our obligations under our Terms & Conditions, including to process and communicate your order to the retailers featured on our website (Retailers)
- provide you with information about other goods and services that we or the Retailers offer
- provide you, or permit carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you if you have agreed to receive such information
- notify you about changes to our service
- communicate with you regarding orders, enquiries and complaints
- ensure that content from our website is presented to you in the most effective way
You may receive emails from us and/or our carefully selected third parties by email, SMS or post depending on the preferences you have chosen. You may change these preferences at any time by logging into your account or by clicking the ‘Change your preferences’ link in any emails.
How we may use information collected about you
We may automatically collect technical information about the device used by you to access our website (for example, the internet protocol (IP) address of the device and the characteristics of such device) and about your visit (for example, the pages viewed by you, how you moved about our website and how you interacted with particular pages). We may use such information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure and to improve our website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Our website uses small text files, called cookies, which are automatically stored on your device when you access and use certain features of our website. As cookies are unique, we can use them to distinguish you from other users for the purposes described above. To find out more about cookies, how to refuse them and how to change your device’s cookie settings, you should visit All About Cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies or change your device’s cookie settings, you may not be able to use all of our website’s features.
Our website uses the following categories of cookies based on guidance produced by the International Chamber of Commerce (note: the link to this guidance is not the original source, which is no longer available):
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise new and returning visitors to our website and see how they move around our website.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember any preferences set by you.
Our website uses the following cookies (called first party cookies) which are stored on your device by the server that hosts our website:
|Good Sixty session||1||_goodsixty_session||Session||This cookie is used to identify you as a user each time you access our website for security purposes and to remember any preferences that you have set.|
|Basket||3||basket||30 days||This cookie is used to remember the items that you have added to your basket. The cookie is cleared once you have completed your purchase.|
|Location||3||location||Session||This cookie is used to remember your location based on the postcode that you have entered or the location detected from your device.|
|Delivery Preference||3||shopping_method||Session||This cookie remembers whether you have chosen to collect or deliver you goods from a specific Retailer during your shopping session.|
Disclosing your information
We may share your personal information with:
- the Retailers, for the purposes of processing your order and delivering goods ordered by you, where appropriate
- our external website developers, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- any actual or prospective buyer of our business or its assets
- as required by law or any order of a court or other competent authority
Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff members operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Security of your personal information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. For example, our website uses an encrypted connection to make it difficult for unauthorised people to view information travelling between our server and your device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted and any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Updating your information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by emailing email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking “Unsubscribe” in our emails.
The Data Protection Act 1998 also gives you the right to access the information we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. Where we do so, we will include a note of the change(s) that have been made (at the bottom of this page) and you should check this page occasionally to take notice of such changes, as they will be legally binding on you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be emailed to email@example.com.